Monday, June 3, 2013

90 days of summer

I have 3 months left till I turn 26 so I decided I'm going to push myself extra hard in order to achieve a big milestone that I've always had my eyes on. I want to be able to perform 25+ pull-ups, deadlift 2x my body weight, squat 1.5x and bench press 1x for reps. I've had this target set up for myself ever since I started lifting and although it's going to be difficult, I think I can do it with a little bit of discipline.

Current stats:

Height: 1.81 cm
Weight: 68kg
Pull-ups: 20 reps
Deadlift: 105kg 3x3
Squat: 95x1
Bench press: 60kg 6x3

Deadlifting 140 kgs will be the most difficult to accomplish, followed by the bench press because of a nagging shoulder and the fact that I don't plan on gaining much weight during this time, if at all. Upper body pushing movements have always been my weakness. I'll just have to focus on form, technique and bringing up my triceps strength, since I've noticed they're lacking.

I'll be aiming for 150+ grams of protein every day and trying to get more quality sleep. I'll be testing my max squat and deadlift every 7-10 days and focus on form an assistance exercises in between. For upper body exercises, the time between personal record attempts will be 4-7 days. Deload time will have to be scheduled in somehow, but I have to do some research on this, as I've never done it on purpose within the parameters of a strict program.

I'll also try to keep a log of my progress here and check back on it every two weeks or so to see what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment