Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What if...

What if I had said something instead keeping my mouth shut?

What if I had left everything instead of staying where I was when there was nothing holding me back?

What if I had done what I actually wanted to instead of what was more comfortable?

What if I had had the courage to face my fear instead of letting myself succumb to it?

What if I had stopped listening to them and listened to myself instead?

What if I had jumped forward instead of slowly crawling back?

What if I had taken the time to listen when it mattered instead of turning my head away?

What if I had kept my word instead of breaking a promise?

What if I had tried a little bit instead of  not even making the first step?

What if I had followed my dreams instead of just seeing them in my sleep?

What if I had had the patience to wait instead of letting my impulses take over?

What if I had ignored the rules instead of reluctantly following them when I knew they were not wright?



What if I had taken the time to look around me instead of walking with my head in the clouds?



What if I hadn't flown so close to the sun when I knew that my wings couldn't handle the heat?

What if I hadn't looked back when I knew it would only bring up bad memories?

What if I had let go instead of trying to control the uncontrollable?

What if I had never asked myself what if...?

No comments:

Post a Comment