Thursday, April 4, 2013

Great last lines from famous movies

"You met me at a very strange time in my life."
-Fight Club.

"I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
-The Shawshank Redemption

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, he's gone."
-The Usual Suspects

"There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane. The vicious and the evil. All the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp. And I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this there is no catharsis. My punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling.

This confession has meant nothing."
-American Psycho

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
-Gone With The Wind

"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be...fooled."
-The Prestige

 "I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."
-Goodfellas

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once and it's too much. My heart fills up like a ballooon that about to burst, but then I remember to relax and stop holding onto it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure, but don't worry, you will someday."
-American Beauty


"I don't know the future... I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you... a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you..."
-The Matrix

"This is me taking control of my life...what the fuck have you done lately?"
-Wanted

"I will see you again. But not yet...not yet."
-Gladiator

No comments:

Post a Comment